[Smt-talk] Temporary disruption of email

Bob Kosovsky kos at panix.com
Tue May 6 06:07:48 PDT 2014

Hi there SMT-TALK subscribers,

Yesterday evening there was an email disturbance which caused over 100
subscribers to have their email automatically turned off (some of you
might have received an automatic message saying your email was
"disabled").  I turned them back on this morning (including a handful that
had had their email disabled due to other previous issues), and have
waited to distribute any email until then.

>From examining the email addresses, I can't see a clear pattern to the
affected addresses, but I strongly suspect it has to do with Yahoo's
decision last month (followed by a similar decision by AOL) to alter their
email format, which has caused much havoc on all email lists, no matter
the software.  Indeed, many Yahoo subscribers (regardless of country) were
affected.

In any case, this is a good opportunity for you to refamiliarize
yourselves with the website, should you need to check on your email status
and turn on your email.  Please don't ask me to do it for you - it's all
self-explanatory, and even if you lost your password it's an easy thing to
generate a reminder (I don't have access to your passwords).

   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users