[Smt-talk] Smt-talk Digest, Vol 64, Issue 47

art samplaski agsvtp at hotmail.com
Fri May 23 12:21:26 PDT 2014

Stephen Soderberg asks:
> Would someone walk over to the physics department and ask our colleagues

>over there how they would deal with a creationist who somehow managed to

>get a PhD in physics?

Without trying to denigrate Stephen's frustrations, he has the wrong dept. in

mind--biology is the proper field in question, although creationists of course

attack all science. (However, if the c's Ph.D. were in cosmology, it would also

be appropriate, given the cosmic microwave background's demonstration that

the universe is 13.77 billion years old, NOT 6000. Or put more succinctly, "If

the CMB is not the afterglow of 'Let there be light!', then I don't know what

the hell could be!!")

Trying to prevent confusion among disciplines:),

Art Samplaski

Ithaca, NY