[Smt-talk] Streaming at conferences

Bob Kosovsky kos at panix.com
Tue Nov 18 06:08:18 PST 2014

I'm still amazed I got to view the annual conference in realtime - and
can now view the archived video.  Boisterous bravi to all those involved!

Can whoever were those responsible provide some information about it? Such
as:

- What were the costs involved (free, or personal subscription to
Ustream?)  If it was free, are their plans to invest (i.e. pay/subscribe)
for future conferences?

- What are plans for future experiments? What about interactivity with
those watching?

It is my feeling that in this day and age, remote attendance and/or
participation at conferences needs to be more than an option, but
(eventually) as an essential part of the conference.

Again, bravi & kudos to those who made it possible!

   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users