[Smt-talk] Advocating for the humanities

Jill T. Brasky jtbrasky at me.com
Fri Apr 4 10:06:16 PDT 2014

As per Stephen Jablonsky’s post, an increasing number of us are at schools where, if we do not receive a major grant, then our cases for tenure are in jeopardy. (Nowadays, that essentially means one must find another career.) I want—and need—my national societies to inform its members of the risks, and to help defend the NEH.

All best,
Jill

Jill T. Brasky
Assistant Professor of Music Theory