[Historyoftheory] recording of today's session and Saturday (Nov. 14) meeting

Andrew Hicks ajh299 at cornell.edu
Sun Nov 8 14:31:25 PST 2020

Glad to see so many of you at today's session! Because of the technical
difficulties many had getting into the Zoom session, we recorded it and
have permission to share this recording with all of you. I've been asked to
note that this recording is available only because of the Zoom issues;
other sessions -- besides standing committees, the plenary, and awards
presentation -- will not be recorded (so don't get used to this or expect
to see links to other sessions outside the conference paywalls)!

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/47xYH587QUcoiJzvYCG9RvE5JYxkdGBEtgDT1fLN3c9DH3E1bVW8P_JyZgUiTcQX.yO2U2qsN818rJazx

Our "business meeting" is on *Saturday evening (Nov. 14), 6:00-7:30 pm CST
on the AMS platform* (a joint AMS/SMT event and open to registrants of both
conferences). The first half hour is for the leadership team, *but from
6:30 on we're opening the meeting to all participants *(hopefully without a
repeat of the same challenges). If anyone would like to continue the lively
discussion, especially after additional time for re-reading Alex's blog
<https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2020/04/03/can-the-history-of-theory-be-decentered-part-i-prequel-five-classics/>
and reflecting on the discussion points so far (see the recorded session
<https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/47xYH587QUcoiJzvYCG9RvE5JYxkdGBEtgDT1fLN3c9DH3E1bVW8P_JyZgUiTcQX.yO2U2qsN818rJazx>),
we invite you to join us! Doubtless, the directions that emerged in today's
session can help shape the trajectory of future events, which is also on
the agenda for Saturday's meeting: what should we do next?

Best,
Drew

Andrew Hicks | Associate Professor | Department of Music and Program in
Medieval Studies
Dale R. Corson House Professor and Dean, Hans Bethe House
Cornell University | 106 Lincoln Hall | Ithaca NY, 14853
607-351-6297 phone | 607-254-2877 fax | ajh299 at cornell.edu
he/him/his (is/eum/eius)