[SMT-PAIG] areas of interest

Edward Klorman edward.klorman at mcgill.ca
Mon Nov 7 11:19:03 PST 2016

Dear all,

It was wonderful to see so many of you in Vancouver! I’ll be following up shortly on a number of fronts (including with an update on our meeting for those who missed it and a follow-up on next steps for our co-chair election and planning for 2017).

But meanwhile, to quickly reply to this: We had hoped to devote 30–45 minutes at our meeting to introducing ourselves within a group and sharing updates about what we’re working on. But since our By-Laws discussion took longer than expected (more on that soon), we unfortunately ran out of time for that in the meeting.

I wonder if this listserv could be one place to have that discussion, virtually. Thoughts about that?

We could also use the Works in Progress section on the blog, as Daphne suggests. Question: Do we have a volunteer who would be a willing point person to receive these submissions and to post them on that section of the site?

About subscribing to email notifications on the blog: I am looking into this, but it’s a little more complex than I’d expected (the method depends on whether one has a WordPress account). It may take me a few days to work this out. If there are any WordPress experts out there who could offer some advice on this, I’d be grateful if you could email me privately.

Best (and more soon),

Ed

Edward Klorman
Assistant Professor