[SMT-PAIG] areas of interest

Edward Klorman edward.klorman at mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 9 09:28:09 PST 2016

Dear all,

Thanks for your ideas about how to develop this directory with our research profiles!

Question: I’ve looked a bit at other groups, and one model I’ve encountered is from the Committee on the Status of Women: https://womeninmusictheory.wordpress.com/directory-of-wimt/ <https://womeninmusictheory.wordpress.com/directory-of-wimt/>

What do you think of a Google Drive spreadsheet as a platform, similar to theirs? One advantage: it lets users enter, edit, or delete their own information, so it wouldn’t require a volunteer curator to collect, edit, and post information. We could include fields for URLs, as Alan and Jonathan have suggested. One drawback: I don’t think it can easily accommodate profile pictures, but those who wish could use the URL fields to point to places that have profile pictures (such as personal websites or Academia.edu <http://academia.edu/>).

Another small drawback is that the spreadsheet isn’t alphabetized, but we could have a volunteer re-alphabetize every once in a while.

Does this seem like a decent platform for this purpose? Or would you prefer to see it organized some other way?

Best,

Ed

Edward Klorman
Assistant Professor