[SMT-PAIG] areas of interest

Daphne Leong daphne.leong at colorado.edu
Thu Nov 10 09:33:16 PST 2016

Great idea, Ed. This is simpler than what I proposed.

The CSW spreadsheet was created through a Google form that participants filled in. (This is how we collected information for the PAIG Pedagogy Resource.)

So whoever is overseeing would need to create the form and check the spreadsheet format.

To edit the spreadsheet, though, one needs edit permissions. On the CSW spreadsheet one e-mails the "owner" to get edit permission. Then I believe one has edit capabilities on the entire spreadsheet (I don't think there's a way to limit it to your row in the sheet.) I also think that to edit you have to have G-drive.
I've e-mailed the CSW folks to see if they know more and will let you know what I hear.

So either everyone has access to edit the entire spreadsheet, or some moderating is still needed. It's helpful, of course, if everyone is responsible for their own listing.

A few things that CSW does not have that I'd like to see on ours:
- a field to list recent publications, current projects
- their sheet does not show e-mails. (privacy purposes, probably). But if people don't object, it would be helpful to have contact info on our list.

If we decide on this route, would someone be willing to create the Google form /spreadsheet, and maintain it later on?

Daphne