[SMT-PAIG] Mozart's C-minor Mass, new Breitkopf edition

Clemens Kemme ckemme at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 14 10:22:34 PST 2019

Dear friends and fellow musicians,

A small correction to my previous e-mail: I wrote, "since this is the first edition of this work done by a music theorist”. This is not entirely correct. At least one of the previous editions of the Mass is by Robert Levin and Mr. Levin is not only a brilliant pianist and musicologist, but was also the head of the theory department at the Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia from 1968 to 1973 and coordinator of music theory at the School of the Arts, State University of New York College at Purchase. He also wrote five theory books during that time. How could I overlook this!

What I meant to say is that the new Breitkopf edition is done by somebody who was a (conservatory trained) music theorist in the first place. I became a musicologist (in addition) only after I was awarded a PhD in Oct. 2017 with my dissertation on the Mass.

Also I forgot the flyer! Well, here it is!

Clemens