[SMT-PAIG] Mozart's C-minor Mass, new Breitkopf edition

Clemens Kemme ckemme at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 14 07:28:35 PST 2019

Dear friends and fellow musicians, music theorists and musicologists,

At the occasion of the first performances in the Netherlands – see flyer below – of my new edition of Mozart’s C-minor Mass K. 427 (Breitkopf & Härtel, 2018), and since this is the first edition of this work done by a music theorist, I want to present to you the following information:

– the edition itself, for perusal: https://www.breitkopf.com/work/9534/missa-c-moll-kv-427-417a <https://www.breitkopf.com/work/9534/missa-c-moll-kv-427-417a>
– an interview, on pp. 16-25 of: https://issuu.com/breitkopf/docs/b_h-_uptodate__2019-2_issuu <https://issuu.com/breitkopf/docs/b_h-_uptodate__2019-2_issuu>
– a blog: https://blog.breitkopf.com/mozarts-great-c-minor-mass-we-can-do-better/ <https://blog.breitkopf.com/mozarts-great-c-minor-mass-we-can-do-better/>

Your comments are of course more than welcome!

For those who happen to be in Holland by then, the concerts will be preceded by a colloquium on 28 November 4-6 PM in Room 803 of the Conservatory of Amsterdam, Oosterdokskade 151, 1011 DL Amsterdam.

Colloquium Mozart’s C-minor Mass: the Music, the Completion, the Edition (English spoken)
Clemens Kemme, editor of the new Breitkopf edition, Ralf Pisters, analyst, John Koslovsky, moderator

Apart from discussing the music together with my colleagues and the audience, I will be happy to share my experience in completing, editing and doing musicological research on the Mass.

All best from Amsterdam,
Clemens Kemme