[Smt-talk] Perahia and Schenker

Donna Doyle donnadoyle at att.net
Thu Apr 23 05:52:01 PDT 2009

Yes, they did graduate in the same year.  Murray later moved to
London; Richard continues to live in NYC;
both maintain  close friendship with C Schachter.  I believe Murray
was a conducting major at Mannes.
And I recall that, at the celebration for Schachter at Queens College
in the spring of 99, Murray stood in the
back taking notes as Bill Rothstein delivered his analysis of Chopin's
BM Nocturne, Op 62, No 1.

Donna