[Smt-talk] I-II-IV as a progression

Michele Ignelzi m.ignelzi at tin.it
Mon Aug 31 08:28:16 PDT 2009

Dear Thomas and List,

An earlier example of #ivø (V/V) - iv, with voice leading #4 - 4, is
in _Götterdämmerung_, Act 1, Scene 2 (and elsewhere in the whole
_Ring_, I think), at Hagen's words: "Die eig'ne Braut" (a measure
after the key signature change).

Best wishes,
Michele

On Aug 31, 2009, at 2:23 PM, Thomas Noll wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
> there is a progression (typical to early jazz like in Earl Hines)
> #ivø - iv - I  (which presumably is a variation of IV - iv - I)
> where we also have a voice leading #4 - 4 - 3.

Michele Ignelzi
m.ignelzi at tin.it
Conservatory of Fermo, The Marches, Italy