[Smt-talk] Music Plagiarism Cases

Eric B. Chernov chernove at ursatz.com
Fri Dec 18 05:18:39 PST 2009

If plagiarism is not confined to the written word, the most famous one
which springs immediately to mind (don't know if this is exactly the
type of thing you are looking for) is the lawsuit brought against George
Harrison for his hit, "My Sweet Lord," which sounded suspiciously like
"He's So Fine" by The Chiffons. It was tried in US Federal Court. See here:

http://cip.law.ucla.edu/cases/case_brightharrisongs.html

Hope this helps,
Eric B. Chernov