[Smt-talk] Music Plagiarism Cases

Clóvis de André clovis.deandre at ajato.com.br
Fri Dec 18 06:15:57 PST 2009

Dear Prof. Lewis,

In Brazil, last decade (if I am not mistaken), there was a lawsuit won
by relatives of composer Heckel Tavares against pop music composer
Fagner. I don't remember specifics right now, but if there is interest
I could do some research.

Best,

Clóvis

——————————————————————————
  Clóvis de André		     <clovis.deandre at ajato.com.br>
						phone: (55 + 11) 3816-1696
——————————————————————————
  Professor	 (Music History [MH]; Canto)
  Editor 	 (Revista ACSM — Arte e Cultura Santa Marcelina)
  FASM - Faculdade Santa Marcelina [MH]  &
  FIC - Faculdade Integral Cantareira [MH]  —  São Paulo, SP
  Ph.D. in Historical Musicology (2005 - SUNY-Buffalo, USA)
  alternative e-mail				  <candre at buffalo.edu>