[Smt-talk] OT -beginning jazz piano

Mike Rogers superlocrian at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 2 21:35:13 PST 2009

Dan Haerle's Jazz Harmony book is concise and to the point.

Also, Frank Mantooth's "Voicings for Jazz Keyboard" has some easy to
understand "shell voicings" that are easily grasped by beginners and
immediately accessible for "instant hipness."

Mike Rogers
PhD student, University of North Texas; Adjunct Professor of Music
Theory, Dallas Baptist University

Sent from my iPhone