[Smt-talk] [Smt-announce] OT -beginning jazz piano

K. Christian McGuire kmcguire at bitstream.net
Tue Feb 3 16:54:06 PST 2009

I frequently use with my student's both Mark Levine's The Jazz Piano Book as well as his Jazz Theory Workbook.  In fact I recommend most of the Sher Music Co. publications.

Frank Mantooth's Voicings for Jazz Keyboard is good for the same reasons stated by Mike Rogers.

Another neat book is John Valerio's intros, endings & turnarounds for Keyboard (ISBN 0-634-02301-2).

Sincerely,
K. Christian McGuire

Instructor of Electric Bass and Music History
Rock & Improv Ensemble Director
Augsburg College
Music Department
2211 Riverside Avenue