[Smt-talk] Paul Simon

Nicole Biamonte nbiamonte at aya.yale.edu
Wed Nov 4 11:17:31 PST 2009

The SMT Popular Music Interest Group has an extensive bibliography,
available on the group's website at
http://popmusic.societymusictheory.orgunder "Resources," which
includes sections on analysis in general, various
musical parameters (form, pitch, rhythm, timbre and texture, text, etc.),
and also on specific styles and artists, including Paul Simon.

We also have a brand-new pop-analysis wiki at
http://popmusic.societymusictheory.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page.  It
was just activated last night, so there isn't very much content yet, but I
am in the process of moving both the bibliography and the database of
pop-music examples for undergraduate theory topics to the wiki.  We plan to
have pages for individual songs, terms, and possibly more general topics.
Any smt-list members doing theoretical or analytical work on popular music
are welcome--nay, encouraged--to update or create entries.  Anonymous
editing has been disabled, so you'll need to create an account (it's
extremely easy); please use some version of your real name for your login.

All best,

Nicole Biamonte
University of Iowa
Chair, SMT Popular Music Interest Group