[Smt-talk] The Prog-rock Symphony?

Dave Headlam dheadlam at esm.rochester.edu
Thu Nov 19 04:35:40 PST 2009

DT:  go to

http://www.progarchives.com/

some obvious ones:

Yes, Tales from Topographic Oceans
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1828

Genesis, the Lamb Lies Down

Emerson Lake and Palmer, Tarkus, Trilogy, etc.

Rick Wakeman, Six Wives of Henry 8th

My favorite:  Chris Squire (Yes bass player):  fish out of water, "silently
falling" or "safe (canon song)" (not full album, but great stuff)
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=4442

Dave Headlam

--

 Dave Headlam