[Smt-talk] The Prog-rock Symphony?

K. Christian McGuire kmcguire at bitstream.net
Thu Nov 19 05:25:03 PST 2009

I'll have to dig through my collection (and notebooks), but off the top of
my head, Deep Purple, "Concerto for Group and Orchestra" 1969.  There is a
section where Ian Gillan does sing, but...
Found a link on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnBDJZIco9c

We used to listen to this back in college along with some Zappa and Dave
Brubeck albums (Summit Sessions, Elementals...)
Let me know what else you find, I am still collecting scores which feature
esp. Electric Bass (guitar) in mid-late 20th and 21st century "classical
art" music.

Sincerely,
K. Christian McGuire,
Instructor of Music History and Music Theory
Studio Artist: Electric Bass
Director of Rock & Improv Ensembles
Augsburg College
Music Department
2211 Riverside Avenue
Mpls MN 55454
mcguire at augsburg.edu
http://www.augsburg.edu/music/

International Society of
Hildegard von Bingen Studies, Treasurer & Webmaster
http://www.hildegard-society.org/

Musicologist & Electric Bassist
http://www.grianeala.com
kmcguire at bitstream.net / cell: 651-270-5807