[Smt-talk] The Prog-rock Symphony?

waters keith watersk at stripe.colorado.edu
Thu Nov 19 07:30:27 PST 2009

In his book _Jazz-Rock: A History_, Stuart Nicholson describes a number of
such jazz-rock fusion concept albums (such as Chick Corea's Mad Hatter)--a
trend Nicholson drolly describes as "cornball monumentalism." But these
may be less symphonic in orientation than what's described below.

KW

Keith Waters
Chair, Department of Music Theory and Composition
College of Music
University of Colorado at Boulder
Keith.Waters at colorado.edu
(303) 492-8417