[Smt-talk] Pop songs with metrically altered transistions

Brian Kane brian.kane at yale.edu
Sun Nov 29 07:22:58 PST 2009

Hi Adam,

You must include Rick James' "Super Freak" on your list. The song is
entirely built on a single riff except for a brief 6 bar section,
which begins with the lyric "She's alright." The last bar of that
section, where Mr. James sings "He-hey hey hey hey," is a bar of five.
Superfreaky!

Best,
Brian

Brian Kane