[Smt-talk] Good Primer for First-Year Students on Gender in Music and Music Theory?

Jeff Hennessy jjhennessy at eastlink.ca
Mon Nov 30 18:57:26 PST 2009

I've had good luck with using the fourth chapter of Robert Walser's Running With the Devil as means of framing discussions of gender and sexuality in music. The is obviously genre-specific (Heavy Metal) but can lead to some interesting insights from undergrads who know this music.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey J. Hennessy, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor and Director