[Smt-talk] Good Primer for First-Year Students on Gender in Music and Music Theory?

Jennifer Bain Jennifer.Bain at dal.ca
Mon Nov 30 08:17:26 PST 2009

Nicholas Cook's _A Short Introduction to Music_ provides an excellent
introduction to issues of gender and sexuality in music (and all sorts
of other
things too, including the idea of authenticity in music, particularly as it's
been applied to pop vs. rock etc.).

Jennifer Bain, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

Dalhousie University