[Smt-talk] Music Theory Doctoral Programs with en-route Master's degrees

Slottow, Stephen Stephen.Slottow at unt.edu
Wed Oct 7 15:30:40 PDT 2009

I need information on music theory doctoral programs that incorporate an en route master's degree (no thesis) for students who enter the program without a master's degree. CUNY is one; Yale & Princeton, I believe, are others. There must be more. If you can add to my list, and perhaps provide information about what replaces the master's thesis (an exam? courses?), please email me at stephen.slottow at unt.edu.

Thank you,

Stephen Slottow
Associate Professor of Music
College of Music