[Smt-talk] accellerandi-pieces

John Paul Ito john.paul.ito at lawrence.edu
Wed Oct 14 10:29:53 PDT 2009

If the chestnuts aren't getting picked yet, how about the Csardas
from Die Fledermaus, which then brings to mind the act 1 trio, "O je,
o je, wie ruehrt mich das" (admittedly not so gypsy).  And I guess
this isn't what's being asked for, but as a violist I can't resist
throwing in the first movement of the Walton concerto, rehearsals 5
to 8.

John Ito

On Oct 13, 2009, at 1:47 AM, Johannes Quint wrote:

> first thanks a lot for all the answers (and for those still
> coming...).
>
>> What about "Carmen" and every gypsy-inspired piece ever written?
>>
>> Deborah Burton
>> School of Music
>> Boston University
>> burtond at bu.edu
>

> this is the area i am interested primarily. do you have an explicit
> example beside carmen?
>
> j.q.
>
> ---
>
> Prof. Johannes Quint
> Hochschule fuer Musik Koeln, Standort Aachen
> An den Frauenbruedern 1
> D-50264 Aachen
>
> johannes.quint at web.de
> http://www.johannes-quint.de

> societymusictheory.org

John Paul Ito
Assistant Professor of Music
Co-chair for Theory, Department of Music Theory and Composition

Mailing address:
Conservatory of Music, Lawrence University
711 E. Boldt Way
Appleton, WI 54911

920-832-6824