[Smt-talk] accellerandi-pieces

Robert Morris mris at mail.rochester.edu
Thu Oct 15 08:38:03 PDT 2009

Hi Justin,

In Jean Claude Risset's Mutations (an early computer music piece cira
1970) there is a temporal interpretation of the Shepherd tone idea that I
think works, so that one hears things (loudness pulsations)  getting
faster all the time, but also returning to the old tempo accelerando
nevertheless.

Best, Bob

Robert Morris, Professor of Composition
Chair of the Composition Department
Affiliate Faculty of the Theory and Musicology Departments
Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester
phone: 585-274-1108.  e-mail: mris at mail.rochester.edu