[Smt-talk] Accompaniment Studies

Peter Purin peterpurin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:21:45 PST 2010

Hi list,
   Long time reader, first time poster :)...

I am doing a study of accompaniment patterns, and was wondering if anyone
knows any good sources of theoretical studies and/or catalogues of musical
accompaniments (particularly piano textures). The other avenue that could
help me here are studies of dance types (especially musical theatre type
dances: waltz, quickstep, foxtrot, two step, etc). I know of Eric McKee's
work on Dance in Chopin...is there anything else like this for other dance
types?

   Thanks,
      Peter Purin