[Smt-talk] Accompaniment Studies

MICHAEL MORSE mwmorse at bell.net
Fri Feb 26 05:56:26 PST 2010

Peter,

  Have a look at the little chapter on dance types in Rameau's Treatise. And isn't there some good advice on writing dances in CPE Bach's True Art?

Cordially,

Michael
Trent University
Peterborough, ON

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:21:45 -0600
From: peterpurin at gmail.com
To: Smt-talk at societymusictheory.org
Subject: [Smt-talk] Accompaniment Studies

Hi list,   Long time reader, first time poster :)...
I am doing a study of accompaniment patterns, and was wondering if anyone knows any good sources of theoretical studies and/or catalogues of musical accompaniments (particularly piano textures). The other avenue that could help me here are studies of dance types (especially musical theatre type dances: waltz, quickstep, foxtrot, two step, etc). I know of Eric McKee's work on Dance in Chopin...is there anything else like this for other dance types?
         Thanks,      Peter Purin