[Smt-talk] OT-Online Master's in Music Ed

David Claman davidclaman at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 9 04:56:43 PST 2010

Recently a student asked me about pursuing an online Master's Degree in Music Ed. I've noticed a couple of schools have such programs (Boston University and Kent State) and imagine others are on the way. I'd be interested in what list members may know about such programs.

In addition, online degrees in Music Theory are likely in the offing. I value the traditional classroom experience a great deal so I tend to be skeptical, but this is undoubtedly the "wave of the future." I'd be interested in others' experiences and opinions about this issue.

David Claman
Assistant Professor
Lehman College-CUNY