[Smt-talk] Opportunities for autistic musician?

Daniel Wolf djwolf at snafu.de
Fri Jan 8 10:37:10 PST 2010

Marco Melanson, a self-taught composer from New Brunswick, with an autism
spectrum disorder, has his own web page here:

http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/m2esectr/marco.htm

The midi files may require some patience to listen to, but they do show,
his steady assimilation of more repertoire.  While the initial efforts are
largely borrowed in bits and pieces from the music he heard (mostly
Viennese classical music, Quebecois girl-singer pop, and later, Boy
Bands), with very rudimentary technique and only modest development, I
believe that one can hear a gradual emergence of a distinct compositional
voice.  I am certain that Mr Melanson, who is rather isolated in New
Brunswick, would enjoy corresponding with anyone interested in his work or
the topic of this thread.

Daniel Wolf
composer
Frankfurt