[Smt-talk] Seeking deceptively resolving applied dominants.

karst de jong karstdj at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 24 04:57:35 PST 2010

Hello John (and all),

I think that Rameau already considered the  iii in the progression iii-IV a I7 with a non-sounding fundament, thus closely resembling a I-IV progression. Consequently V/vi could be regarded as an altered version of this chord (I7/9 augmented without its fundament).

Best,

Karst

KARST DE JONG
professor of Music Theory and Improvisation//
Royal Conservatoire of The Hague, The Netherlands
Escola Superior de Musica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain//
karstdj at xs4all.nl
+34 667757020
+31 626796500