[Smt-talk] verbal descriptors of harmony

kos at panix.com kos at panix.com
Wed Mar 3 08:33:56 PST 2010

Hi folks,

We all know harmony can be labeled as Roman numerals:  I, II, III, etc.

We also know that harmony can be labeled with verbal descriptors:
tonic, super-tonic, mediant, etc.

Is there a single word which describes these verbal descriptors?

Thanks.

blog:  http://www.nypl.org/blog_user/44   Twitter: @kos2
   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users