[Smt-talk] Bach fugues and popular songs

Jon Wild wild at music.mcgill.ca
Sat Mar 13 18:18:27 PST 2010

Here's another example that's not quite exactly what Scott asked for, but
close enough that you might be interested: Richard Carpenter wrote a
surprising arrangement of "From this moment on" whose accompaniment very
closely paraphrases the WTC I C-minor Prelude for most of the song. At the
very least it's an excuse to go and listen to Karen Carpenter singing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBaAvLKTD3c

Best,

Jon Wild
McGill University