[Smt-talk] Princeton and Theory

Paul Setziol setziolpaul at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 19 08:07:56 PST 2010

Hello all,

About Dmitri's post below -

Isn't it reasonable to say that a PhD. is a theory PhD. if the comprehensive examinations and dissertation are in theory?  The other posts bringing up composition/theory might be judged accordingly.  What is the nature of the dissertation?

A rose by any other name...

Best wishes

Paul Setziol
Musicianship Coordinator and Department Chair
Music Department
De Anza College
Cupertino, California
USA