[Smt-talk] Princeton and Theory

Leslie Kinton lkinton at primus.ca
Fri Nov 19 08:40:46 PST 2010

I agree with Paul.  My Ph.D. is listed as one in musicology (U of T refuses
to allow theory doctorates), but my dissertation was a complete foreground
and middleground Schenkerian analysis of Dvorak's 7th Symphony, and my
advisors were David Beach and Ed Laufer who are certainly not musicologists.
On my CV, I list it as a theory doctorate.  As Paul said, a rose by any
other name....

Leslie Kinton, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Piano Performance
Don Wright Faculty of Music