[Smt-talk] German Melodram 19/20th century

matralab matralab at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:09:23 PDT 2010

Dear Collective Wisdom

I have been asked by an interdisciplinary comittee at my university:
They are preparing a workshop on Melodrama (next May and/or September)
and would like to invite a musicologist who could contribute to their
discussions.

Who would be the scholar to invite who could offer an overview and
perspectives about German Melodrama, say, from Schumann to Henze
(roughly - I am no expert either) in a comparative and interdisciplinary
context ?
S/he would be the only music scholar in a group consisting of literary,
historical, theatre, sociology etc. scholars and practitioners.
There would be composers and musicians, too.

Any suggestions are welcome. But I cannot answer questions - I just offered
to ask all of you for names.

Thank you
Sandeep Bhagwati
Canada Research Chair