[Smt-talk] Heavy metal and set-class analysis

Nicole Biamonte nbiamonte at aya.yale.edu
Sun Dec 11 07:30:46 PST 2011

Hi Scott,

I don't think there's much out there. The last section ("diatonic vertical
dissonances") of this dissertation is worth a look:
Lilja, Esa. "Characteristics of Heavy Metal Chord Structures." University
of Helsinki, 2004.
http://ethesis.helsinki.fi/julkaisut/hum/taite/lt/lilja/characte.pdf

All best,
Nicole Biamonte