[Smt-talk] Music theory on Wikipedia

Dmitri Tymoczko dmitri at princeton.edu
Fri Jul 15 13:57:34 PDT 2011

>    It is simply unfair to ask experts to do this time-consuming job for
> free.

I am actually happy to volunteer my time -- we write theory papers for free, and more people read Wikipedia than will ever read our theory articles.  The problem, for me, is fighting with those teenagers.  I wish I could get paid for that.

> Is there an option that SMT will pay advanced students or young
> scholars for writing wikipedia articles? One more option: academic
> institutions might give academic credit for writing Wikipedia articles.

I like the idea of an assignment to write a Wikipedia article, that is a good suggestion!

DT

Dmitri Tymoczko
Associate Professor of Music
310 Woolworth Center
Princeton, NJ 08544-1007
(609) 258-4255 (ph), (609) 258-6793 (fax)
http://dmitri.tymoczko.com