[Smt-talk] Music theory on Wikipedia

יוסי גולדנברג Yosef Goldenberg geyeni at netvision.net.il
Sun Jul 17 09:43:02 PDT 2011

One more suggestion that might also diminish disputes with non-professional
contributors:

Identify yourself in your true name + affiliation.  The article will not
bear your name [I think it is impossible] but the talk pages will be signed.
I would like to see the entire Wikipedia signed, but at least with
professional articles it is important.

And one more remark:

With some Wikipedia articles the main fault is too much information or
impractical order of information.

For example: "interval (music)" first tells you about ratios and cents
before giving the novice the basic orientation. Even if the entire
information is exact [I didn't check that], it is confusing for those who
need to consult a source for understanding what an musical interval is.

Yossi Goldenberg

Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance

and

The Hebrew University of Jerusalem