[Smt-talk] Music theory on Wikipedia

kos at panix.com kos at panix.com
Fri Jul 29 12:34:38 PDT 2011

Rather than extend, I'm hoping to close off this discussion thread with a
recent article:

"The Visibility of Wikipedia in Scholarly Publications"
by Taemin Kim Park

http://bit.ly/nsMWQd

>From the conclusion:

"Recent involvement by higher education communities in Wikipedia implies
Wikipedia's potential to become not only a reliable resource but also a
learning and teaching tool for students.  Wikipedia's plans to include more
women and elderly as well as expanding international offices will bring
balance and wholeness in content.  As demonstrated in this study, active
research on Wikipedia and citations to Wikipedia testifies to Wikipedia
position as a rich resource.  The increasing scholarly attention to Wikipedia
suggests a growing acceptance of its credibility as a valid information
resource."

   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users