[Smt-talk] digression: pulse & Pieces with improvisatory openings

JAY RAHN jayrahn at rogers.com
Wed Nov 9 15:02:15 PST 2011

I wouldn't equate imagining with generating, if generating is meant to refer to something like 'free will.' In a classic behavioural account, the imagining in the experiment by Nozaradan et al. would be construed as a response to a stimulus, where the stimulus consisted of the instructions given to the participants (e.g., imagine accents on every 3rd tone) and the tones they actually heard.

Jay Rahn, York University (Toronto)