[Smt-talk] Belgian +6

Sherer Lon lonhs at goshen.edu
Thu Nov 24 08:25:06 PST 2011

I'm sure my music theory classes are now terribly out of date, but whatever happened to the category of chords described simply as "dominant embellishing?"  —And placing emphasis on the surprise created by their occasional wickedly unexpected resolutions?  ;-)

BYW, I love the idea of having fun with the names of the augmented six chords.  It seems to me that it helps make them more vivid for students and probably also puts them into a useful perspective.
ls
Lon Sherer, A.Mus.D.
Emeritus Professor of Music
Goshen College
Goshen, IN 46526
lonhs at goshen.edu

"Silence and music come nearest to expressing the inexpressible."

	 ~Aldous Huxley, Music at Night and Other Essays~