[Smt-talk] Fwd: "Neighboring" 6/4 Chords

Donna Doyle donnadoyle at att.net
Mon Oct 3 07:43:41 PDT 2011

P S to Scott Murphy's implied Cad 6/4 idea: Going from I to a 6/4 on
^2 and then not following through
into a cadence in the dominant feels like the motion is 'chickening
out.' Or, to be experiential, like
walking along a swimming pool deck, deciding to jump in, then changing
one's mind midair.  : )

Donna Doyle

Begin forwarded message: