[Smt-talk] Looking for a chord progression

Nicole Biamonte nbiamonte at aya.yale.edu
Fri Oct 7 09:08:35 PDT 2011

I take it you're looking for the direct juxtaposition of these chords,
rather than something like Schubert's "Auf dem Flusse," where Em and its
dominant are juxtaposed against D#m and its dominant.

The only example I can think of so far comes from popular music: the verses
of Bruce Springsteen's "Last to Die"  begin with several oscillations
between Cmaj7 and Bm.

All best,
Nicole Biamonte
McGill University