[Smt-talk] Dylexia and music theory/aural skills

Iverson, Jennifer jennifer-iverson at uiowa.edu
Sun Oct 16 18:10:42 PDT 2011

Dear Kris and list,

I'm afraid I don't have personal experience mitigating dyslexia with a student (though as a note of encouragement, I know graduate students who must have successfully done so in their undergrad music theory/aural skills courses). The url for the earlier mentioned website maintained by the SMT Interest Group on Music and Disability Studies is:  http://smt.esm.rochester.edu/dismus/ (or navigate from the SMT homepage, left bar "interest groups", "music and disability interest group"). I hope you are able to connect with many who have more direct experience. It would also be worthwhile to post your inquiry on the Mus/Disability Interest Group's list-serv: DISMUS-L [at] GC.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

Best,
Jennifer
Jennifer Iverson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Music Theory