[Smt-talk] Music Theory in the Funny Pages

Dave Headlam dheadlam at esm.rochester.edu
Fri Sep 9 05:07:58 PDT 2011

Indeed!  I like the blue wrist braces . . .

On the general topic of music theory in popular culture, there¹s a notable
episode of an old TV show, Moonlighting, which starred Cybill Shepherd and
Bruce Willis.  In the episode, Willis is dating a cellist, and he goes over
to her wall, and she has a diploma of some sort in Music Theory.  So, Willis
says, ³Music Theory, huh?  [ plucks the C string on her cello ] -- I was
going to get a degree in Music Theory, but Grand Funk Railroad broke up!²

Dave

--

Dave Headlam
Professor of Music Theory