[Smt-talk] open access theory materials (forked from THEORY TEXTBOOKS)

Iverson, Jennifer jennifer-iverson at uiowa.edu
Fri Apr 27 09:59:28 PDT 2012

Colleagues,

The open-access and web-based ideas being discussed on this thread are exciting, indeed. As I understood it, this was part of the function of the new theory pedagogy website being created under the auspices of the Gail Boyd DeStwolinski Center and the Journal of Music Theory Pedagogy; Press release: http://www.choralnet.org/view/297880 Any updates on that project?
Don't you also think, though, that part of the reason we create new materials when we teach (regardless of what we think of our institution's textbook situation) is because creating those materials helps us organize our own pedagogy and thinking on a topic? That is, creating at least some of the materials is an essential part of preparing to teach.

Jennifer
<http://www.choralnet.org/view/297880>

Jennifer Iverson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Music Theory