[Smt-talk] Inquiry about Capiatl versus Lowercase Roman Numerals Usage

Ninov, Dimitar N dn16 at txstate.edu
Mon Dec 10 07:00:04 PST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Does anyone teach harmonic analysis with capital RN only, the key signature suggesting the size of the chords?

Although I apply the mixed system at Texas Stet (because of the policy of the school) I prefer the capital numerals for they look neater and more uniform (in the good sense of the word). But I was curious to see the scale of its usage in the US. I also think American students should be acquainted with both systems for reference.

Thank you.

With best wisehs,

Dimitar

Dr. Dimitar Ninov, Lecturer