[Smt-talk] Online resources for ET and partwriting

Laurel Parsons laureljparsons at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 11:51:10 PST 2012

There used to be a link on the SMT home page to basic theory resources like
this, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Deborah, one site that I've found very useful is http://www.musictheory.net.
 There are lots of basic drills and lessons, including links to apps for
iPod, iPad, etc.

There's also an app called On The Go (OTG) Chords, which allows students to
test themselves on different chord types and inversions.  It's not perfect
(e.g. they're expected to recognize the inversions of augmented triads) and
not terribly musical, but it's still useful.

Best,
Laurel Parsons
North Vancouver, BC