[Smt-talk] Theory impacting performance

Steven Rosenhaus srosenhaus at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 5 11:52:21 PDT 2012

Again, my apologies to all for starting a ruckus about this. As I
explained to Kris, I am =not= against theory-only degrees, or with
hiring folks with them to teach theory. The problem I have is with the
attitude -- not promoted by most theorists I know but rather by the
nameless committees who determine what qualifications are needed for a
position -- that =only= people with theory degrees should apply for
such a position.

Really, that was it.

Steven

Dr. Steven L. Rosenhaus
E-mail: srosenhaus at earthlink.net

Other:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lauraleon
http://www.capstonerecords.org/CPS-8716.html
http://www.capstonerecords.org/CPS-8616.html
Link to "Writing Musical Theater" by Allen Cohen and Steven L.
Rosenhaus:
http://www.palgrave-usa.com/catalog/product.aspx?isbn=1403963959&printer=yes&